The purpose of the City of Auburn Board of Education is to administer and manage the local public schools.
To qualify for appointment to the board, citizens must:
- Be an Auburn resident.
- Not be a City Council member.
- Be a person of good moral character.
- Have obtained a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Not be employed by that city board of education.
- Not be serving on the governing board of a private elementary or secondary educational institution.
- Not be on the National Sex Offender Registry or the State Sex Offender Registry.
- Have not been convicted of a felony.